Redherd is a bespoke, boutique information security and technology recruiting partner. Our clients and us tackle some of the most complex security requirements of the modern-day cyber security industry. We obsess about the details and the subtle intricacies of a given position, therefore only run surgical searches and only approach those who possess the skills required, to excel in specific positions. Our candidates come first, and that will always stay at the forefront. Afterall, you know what is best for you.
Our client is a South African based security vendor with a global reach and customers in the highest spheres of technology and innovation. They provide real-time reporting on adversaries interacting with your networks or snooping around your infrastructure, allowing you to identify and defend against attacks. They are extremely vested in the global security community and contribute to the open-source community extensively.
The client is looking for a Security Support Engineer with a solid understanding of Network Technologies, Windows and Linux systems and an aptitude to identify and advise on points of improvement of products and company methodology. You will be responsible for assisting in bettering the client's experience by understanding their environment and needs, and offering honest, helpful advice.
● Troubleshoot Windows and Linux OS
● Communicate and advise on improvements to products and company processes. ● Research problems and establish a resolution process for them.
● Maintaining python, bash and Powershell scripts and advising and assisting developers on creating well-written and secure software products.
● Learn about and research new technologies daily.
Skills and Experience
● A love for research, building great products and developing your own aptitude of identifying technical solutions.
● Prior support role experience
● Very attentive and good problem-solving skills.
● Consistent with taking a methodical approach to work and solving problems. ● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Good planning, organisational and time management skills
● Bash scripts / Linux commands
● Adept Python skills
● Understand cloud and virtual computing with Vmware, Azure, AWS, GPC, Hyper-V, ● a strong understanding of DNS protocol
● Strong predisposition towards secure design.
● Penetration Testing / OffSec background