Redherd is a bespoke, boutique information security and technology recruiting partner. Our clients and us tackle some of the most complex security requirements of the modern-day cyber security industry. We obsess about the details and the subtle intricacies of a given position, therefore only run surgical searches and only approach those who possess the skills required, to excel in specific positions. Our candidates come first, and that will always stay at the forefront. Afterall, you know what is best for you.
Our client is a multinational, multilingual Managed Security Services and consulting company. They are focused on cloud security powered by Microsoft Cloud Technologies helping identify risks to your cloud infrastructure through innovative controls. They conduct security assessments, managed cloud SOC, vulnerability assessments and management related to the remediation of given vulnerabilities.
In this role you will work as a Cloud Security Analyst in a Security Operations Center (SOC) based in Cape Town and actively monitor the cloud traffic of clients and investigate suspicious user behaviour, anomalies and potential threats (incidents). You will further resolve / action such incidents, where required. You engage clients and provide them with reports on a regular basis. Please note that you must be located in Cape Town in order to apply for this position.
Your role in the company:
- Using Azure Sentinel to detect and correlate events
- Conduct risk and threat management in Azure Sentinel
- Help with the presales cycle
- Perform client risk assessments
- Learn Automation in Azure Playbooks
- Help to develop the SOC platform on Azure Sentinel
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices, and continuously learn.
What we are looking for in you:
- You are eager to learn and passionate about Cloud Security
- You do not mind working shifts or overtime
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- You have experience working with Microsoft Azure and Sentinel
- Experience working in a SOC
- You have previously worked with Scrum or open to learn
- Experience with Java, C++, and KQL experience would be an advantage
- You have the ability to communicate with Seniors
- You have one or more of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
- Microsoft Security Operations Analyst (SC-200) would be an advantage