Redherd is a bespoke, boutique information security and technology recruiting partner. Our clients and us tackle some of the most complex security requirements of the modern-day cyber security industry. We obsess about the details and the subtle intricacies of a given position, therefore only run surgical searches and only approach those who possess the skills required, to excel in specific positions. Our candidates come first, and that will always stay at the forefront. Afterall, you know what is best for you.
Our client is a multinational, multilingual managed security services and consulting company. They are focused on cloud security powered by Microsoft Cloud Technologies helping identify risks to your cloud infrastructure through innovative controls. They conduct security assessments, managed cloud SOC, vulnerability assessments and management related to the remediation of given vulnerabilities.
In this role you will work as a Cloud Security Analyst in a Security Operations Center (SOC) based in Cape Town and actively monitor the cloud traffic of clients and investigate suspicious user behaviour, anomalies and potential threats (incidents). You will further resolve / action such incidents, where required. You engage clients and provide them with reports on a regular basis. For more info, check out the full job description.
Your Role in the company
- Performing risk and threat management on alerts and events
- Learn to orchestrate automated responses in Azure Playbooks
- Engage verbally and in written format to international clients of the company.
- Asist with continuous development of the company
- Assist in pre-sale cycles to help the sales team to solution sell new opportunities
- You will perform risk assessments for threats and risks for clients
- Attend online webinars and events to stay up to date with the latest trends
What we are looking for in you:
- You love to learn and self improve not just professionally but also personally
- You don’t mind working for more than 8 hours
- You have excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- You seek to learn new things
- You have experience with Microsoft products
- You can work independently and take ownership of client accounts
- You are familiar with Scrum
- You are a very energetic person
- You are flexible
- Flexible approach to working hours with a willingness and ability to respond to needs outside ‘office hours’ during the early morning, evenings and weekends where necessary
More about the company:
Our client is looking for a candidate that looks presentable at all times and values honesty, integrity and confidentiality. The candidate must be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. The candidate should not have a problem performing additional ad hoc duties outside of the basic job specification that the company believes to be reasonably appropriate.